Forecasts of Annually-averaged Global Surface Temperature using a Linear Inverse Model (LIM)
(Experimental NOAA/ESRL PSL and University of Colorado/CIRES Forecast)
Decadal LIM VERSION 1.0: Forecast indices now available.
Forecast page is out of beta since paper is published, but some parts of the site may still be incomplete.
Forecasts and verifications:
- Latest forecast maps and forecast verifications
- Forecasts of PDO, AMO, and global temperature indices
- Recent forecasts, 2010-present
- Hindcasts (cross-validated) 1960-2005
- How we make these forecasts
Current initialization and Years 2-5 forecast (oC):
For a full description of the LIM methodology, see:
This work was supported by grants from NOAA CVP and NSF 1035423. Standard disclaimer: these forecasts are experimental. NSF, NOAA and CIRES are not responsible for any loss occasioned by the use of these forecasts.