- Climate variability and predictability
- Climate Dynamics
- Air-sea interaction
- Ph.D., Atmospheric Science, Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences, Kiel University, Kiel, Germany, Jul 2010
- B.S., Atmospheric Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Jun 2004
- Ding, H., M. Newman, M. A. Alexander, and A. T. Wittenberg, 2018: Skillful climate forecasts of the tropical Indo-Pacific Ocean using model-analogs. J. Climate, 31, 5437-5459, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0661.1.
- Dippe, T., Greatbatch, R. J. and Ding, H. (2018) On the relationship between Atlantic Niño variability and ocean dynamics. Climate Dynamics, 51 (1-2). pp. 597-612. DOI 10.1007/s00382-017-3943-z.