I received my Ph.D. in Hydrometeorology and my M.Sc. in Hydrology. Since then I have focused on statistical methods as they relate to improving subseasonal-to-seasonal forecasting.
- Subseasonal-to-seasonal climate forecasting
- Weather model post-processing
- Ph.D., Hydrometeorology, University of Arizona, Aug 2013
- M.Sc., Hydrology, University of Arizona, May 2008
- Switanek, M.B., Barsugli, J.J., Scheuerer, M., and Hamill, T.M. (2020): Present and past sea surface temperatures: A recipe for better seasonal climate forecasts, Weather and Forecasting, 35(4), 1221-1234.
- Scheuerer, M., Switanek, M.B., Worsnop, R.P., and Hamill, T.M. (2020): Using artificial neural networks for generating probabilistic subseasonal precipitation forecasts over California, Monthly Weather Review, 148(8), 3489-3506.