Vertical Profiles of Reanalysis Datasets
- For ERA-Interim, you can only plot time by height and vertical transects.
- For ERA-Interim, you can only plot means.
- Time by height plots: you can't go over Dec 31 in a year (except for ERA).
- Time by height plots: you can't choose dew-point
- Transects: you can't choose dew-point
- Vertical profiles: "surface" values are taken from .995 sigma (though Z for them is calculated from the pressure). Z=0 is not plotted.
- All 20CR wind speed plots: The wind speed calculated from the ensemble mean is not the same as the average wind speed calculated from each ensemble member. As there is a trend in the spread of the ensemble members, trends inferred from 20CR wind speeds will not be correct. See this reanalyses.org webpage for details
This is a Research and Development Application