at the NOAA/ESRL Physical Sciences Laboratory
This page points you to information on the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis project and the implementation of a netCDF-based, Internet-accessible, data service at NOAA/ESRL PSL for this set of data products.
- The 6-hourly and daily data currently available on-line.
- The monthly and other derived data currently available on-line.
- Please read the problem list.
- Reanalysis problems list (Dec 17, 2017)
- Description of data on-line at PSL (Sep 10, 2021)
- Tips for reading the data files.
Links to other NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis sites:
- NCEP Environmental Modeling Center Home Page
- The NCEP Reanalysis Page at NOAA CPC.
- Reanalysis Model Parameters
- The Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society article (March 1996) describing the project.
- Pentad-means of some important NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis variables provide by JIASO at the University of Washington.
Links to Other Reanalysis Projects
- Reanalysis.org: A complete link to reanalysis datasets, information, models, etc. Hosted by CU/CIRES.
- NCAR/UCAR Climate Data Guide: Atmospheric reanalysis: overview & comparison tables
For more information, contact:
USAGE & CITATION
- Please note: If you acquire data products from PSL, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including text such as data provided by the NOAA PSL, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their website at https://psl.noaa.gov in any documents or publications using these data. We would also appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publications. This will help PSL to justify keeping the data freely available online in the future. Thank you!