Western Pacific Oscillation (WPO)
Pattern of variability over the NH Western Pacific Ocean.
- Calculation Method:
The indices are based on centers-of-action of 500mb height patterns. These time series utilize the NCEP/NCAR R1 dataset. The region 50-70N; 140E-150W is subtracted from 25-40N; 140E-150W.
- Time Interval: Daily
- Time Coverage: 1948-nar present
- Update Status: irregular
- Get Data:
- Data is from NOAA/ESRL PSL
- Daily Teleconnections Forecast including WP Forecast plot.
- Monthly WPO (different source)
- NOAA/CPC's WPO Information